HAPTON CE/METHODIST PRIMARY SCHOOL
Manchester Road Hapton
Tel: 01282 771657
Headteacher: Mrs A Leyland
Web address: www.hapton.lancs.sch.uk
10th July 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
Well I can hardly believe I am writing to you on the last week before summer - what a year this has been so far. When I took up the post of Head teacher back in January, I would never have believed what was in store! We have been very busy planning for our reopening in September and ensuring the safety of all our children, staff and families – thank you for your patience whilst we did this.
Here are the key arrangements for September:
- All children can be dropped off between 9am and 9.30am and collected between 3pm and 3.30pm
- Class 1 children to use the entrance that leads directly to the conservatory
- Class 2 and 3 children to be dropped off and collected at the gate on the top yard
- Class 4 children to be dropped off and collected at the main gates – please do not drive onto the car park
- No parents to be allowed on site – please drop your children at the gates and our staff will be there to greet them. Any queries, please telephone or email.
- School uniform to be worn apart from on PE days when your child can come to school in sporty clothes – no PE bags in school please. PE will take place outdoors as much as possible so dress accordingly please! There will be no swimming or other trips as yet.
- Class 1 PE day is Tuesday
- Class 2 PE day is Wednesday
- Class 3 PE day is Wednesday
- Class 4 PE day is Monday
- Packed lunches can be brought in if required – all items must be in disposable containers
- Water bottles must be taken home, washed and refilled each night
- Book bags can be brought to school and sent home again
- No face masks to be worn
- Breakfast club and after school club will not be opening initially – again, we are in the planning stages of this and will let you know when we have finalised details
Can I take this opportunity in thanking all the wonderful staff at Hapton who have worked tirelessly all throughout lockdown – I’m sure you will agree that they are all truly amazing. I would also like to thank all of you for your continued support and patience during this time – the messages I have received have been so lovely and have kept me going in these difficult times. I hope you all have a wonderful summer and I cannot wait to have all our Hapton family back together again on the 1st September.
Lots of love from